Re: CCID3: dead code in ccid3_hc_rx_packet_recv?

On 11/15/06, Gerrit Renker <gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While working on the promised EWMA patch for CCID 3 packet sizes, I stumbled over two things
and can make no sense of a bit of CCID 3 Receive code:

        1) ccid3_hc_rx_sock maintains a real-timer RTT counter ccid3hcrx_rtt
           which is an alias for a TFRC structure defined in <linux/tfrc.h>
        2) ccid3_hc_rx_packet_recv (detailed below) updates this, but leaves the variable
           `win_count = packet->dccphrx_ccval;'  entirely untouched after initialisation

It may be that ... ?
        * this is because a real-time counter as opposed to the 4-digit window value
          counter affords better reliability (but then win_count should be removed)
        * this stems from the original TFRC code and might need update

Well, the ccid3 codebase has a long lineage, came from Lulea, passed
thru Waikato and the thru my linux CodingStyle and use slab caches,
turn parts into a lib, etc, so it may have all sorts of dragons, oops,
bugs lurking, Ian has more knowledge about CCID3 and the original
Waikato codebase, so he may well answer your questions while I try to
get the rest of the patch queue processed :-)

- Arnaldo
-