Re: [dccp] Packet size s on CCID3

Let, me add a few more thoughts, and see what others think...

* I also have a problem with how to find "s" when thinking about an
"unknown" application. I'm not really sure how this is intended to work for
variable-sized packets. Calculating an average value for an application that
naturally varies the size doesn't seem to me to be straight-forward.

One value of "s" that makes sense, is possibly the largest segment size sent
by the session. This is at least conservative - for fixed-sized flows it is
identical to the optimum "s". For bursty flows, it is safe.

* The second part to your question seems to suggest a different method for
finding a safe transmission rate. That's something that has been interesting
us too, and is worthy of more thought.

Gorry

-