Re: mail voor linux mailinglist - Performance measurements with the latest version of the DCCP (CCID 3)

Hi,

Ian McDonald wrote:

One note - when using CCID3 have you turned off ackvecs via the sysctl
as that is really for CCID2... It's probably something we should do in
the code actually.

Thanks for the tip, after disabling ackvecs CCID3 started working again, packet loss remains a problem though.

Packet loss has been implemented and is working for me. What is your
test environment? I am using netem on a router between two boxes.

Im testing the implementation with a click router (http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/click/) between two linux 2.6.17.1 systems. The click box introduces uniform packet loss according some configured percentage.

I'm using a simple client-server application (self-written) that dumps the tfrc_rx_info and the tfrc_tx_info structures and the tfrcrx_p/tfrctx_p fields remain zero for the entire test.

I did some quick reading in the source, and as far as I understand 'ccid3_hx_rx_packet_recv' gets called when a packet arrives at the receiver. It calls 'dccp_rx_hist_add_packet' to add the packet in a packet list sorted by its sequence number in descending order. The return value of 'dccp_rx_hist_add_packet' is stored in the 'ins' value, which is only non-zero when packet reordering is detected. After the next switch statement packet loss is detected and a new loss event rate is calculated, but to get that far the code has to get over the switch statement, which is only possible if 'ins' is not zero.

As such i think the code cannot detect packetloss, maybe at best packet loss caused by reordering.

Does anyone agree, or did I miss something ?

best regards,
Johannes
-
: send the line "unsubscribe dccp" in