Re: Report: feat negot state

Hey Andrea!

Just a couple things:

On Mar 8, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Andrea Bittau wrote:

It's not that bad. (1) All feature negotiation options are limited to 252 bytes of feature value at most. (2) All current SP features are one-byte
valued.  So you can do this.

yea, but I was thinking if you chain many change X in the same packet. I'm not sure that's legal. But anyway, an implementation may process options from the tail of the packet to front, and discard any previously seen feature negos for
the same option.

(1) Implementations MUST process options from front to back. "Options MUST be processed sequentially, starting at the first option in the packet header."

(2) "A packet MAY contain more than one feature negotiation option, possibly including two options that refer to the same feature; as usual, the options are processed sequentially."

yea, in fact i got "scared" when I wrote the multi-byte patch.  the:
if (c == s)
became a:
if (memcmp(c, s, len) == 0)

Yep :)