Re: Report: feat negot state

Hi Arnaldo,

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
The Init Cookie option lets the server package up all that state, send it to
the client, and forget it.  The server might still have to load a CCID, but
that doesn't worry me -- we only have 3 CCIDs.

Sure, Init Cookie will be eventually implemented, but I want to
support everything
that is specified in the draft, and furthermore, reworking the core Linux INET
infrastructure to have TCP and DCCP sharing _everything_ that is not specific to
one of them, that has been my goal since day one, if I decided just to implement
Init Cookies I would have a much easier ride, but I'm stubborn on supporting all
the things specified in the draft to the best of my capacity use this
implementation
to fully validate the draft in the Real World(tm), even if takes more time 8)

If one looks at work Eric Dumazet, Ben LaHaise and others are doing on improving
TCP that _already_ are helping DCCP due to all this code sharing, its
wonderful, I
really, really didn't wanted to go the SCTP way where few things is shared with
other INET connection oriented protocols (well, at the time there was
only TCP :P).

This is a great approach! But TCP implements syn cookies, which is very similar to the Init Cookie. So Init Cookies are not totally DCCP-only. I'm just saying the DOS need not be such a big deal.

Eddie
-
: send the line "unsubscribe dccp" in