Re: Are there users of ash's "pathopts"? Do other shells have such a thing?

On 01/04/2023 19:46, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
I tried a few searches on the internet and this feature
seems to be almost entirely not documented. I found exactly one
manpage documenting it:

https://www.unix.com/man-page/minix/1/ash/

PS: interestingly, in 4.4BSD-Alpha ('92), this feature was removed from the man page.  sh had started aiming at POSIX and the man page was completely rewritten...

Minix-2 ash was taked from the 4.3BSD-Net/2 ('91), though, which still had the original Almquist man page, and so this is a rare place where the documentation survived.
--
https://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/ash/