Re: set -I is not required by standard, and does not match bash

On 04/01/2021 12:22, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
Hello,

In dash, set -I is a short-option alias to set -o ignoreeof.

However, bash does not have such alias, it has an undocumented
set -I which switches off "invisible variables"
(I don't know what that is).

bash does not have any set -I. bash *had* a set -I, but dropped it in version 5.1, so there is no longer a compatibility issue to worry about.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk