Infinite loop expanding PS1='${PWD/#foo/bar} '

Hello

I am no subscribed so please CC me on the relies to this thread.

I’d like to report a bug.

While working on another project I managed to reproduce and debug a problem in dash.
Setting PS1 to something that does not expand correctly, like the example in the title, causes
Dash to enter an infinite loop.

I didn’t attempt to fix it yet as I’m not familiar with dash internals.