Re: Proposal: set -o pipefail

On 06/12/2019 21:20, Dan Kegel wrote:
I think it's very recent.  See
http://www.opengroup.org/austin/docs/austin_973.txt

Given this development, I'd encourage you to work up a patch for dash.
Caveat: I'm not a dash developer.

I have implemented it already in my fork, <https://github.com/hvdijk/gwsh/commit/76d14113e08818a5eb82378c385b11720df34d64>. The commit applies to dash without conflicts and passes the test cases in the commit message. I would allow this to be used without the copyright headers on the files, since dash does not keep those up to date and it would be odd to update them in dash just for this one thing, provided some other appropriate form of attribution is in place.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk