Re: Program flow corruption involving 'command .' and an invalid expansion

On 08/11/2019 20:51, Martijn Dekker wrote:
Attempting to eval an invalid expansion in a subshell (e.g. by doing a feature test for bash-style ${x/y/z} expansions) in a script sourced with 'command .' causes program flow corruption in dash, current git as well as 0.5.10.2.

This is another manifestation of the bug you reported in January, e-mail thread "[BUG] dash hangs on 'eval' syntax error in dot script". Herbert Xu's patch there helps with this new test case too, even if as I reported at the time, I personally do not consider it a complete fix. Nothing has been pushed to the git repository though.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk