Re: dash bug: double-quoted "\" breaks glob protection for next char

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:04 AM, Harald van Dijk <harald@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3/8/18 1:40 AM, Harald van Dijk wrote:
>>
>> If the syntax stack is to be stored on the actual stack, then real
>> recursion could be used instead, as attached.
>

> Even though it won't be accepted in dash, I continued with this approach for
> my own use. I've now got it to about 1800 bytes smaller (at -Os -s).
>
> After the other changes I'd done, it became apparent to me that the syntax
> tables were unnecessary, and that they'd become fairly easy to get rid of.
> This was a big space saver that may be possible to apply to your version as
> well.

I ported all recent dash commits to bbox ash. Nice!

I indeed feel that recursion is better implemented via function stack
recursion rather than linked list of alloca()ed structs.

Poor gcc has hard time optimizing readtoken1() atrocity as it stands.

I was trying some of the beautiful atrocities from one of earlier
Harald's emails and this one fails in current dash git:

dash: 12: Syntax error: Missing '}'