Re: expand: Fix glibc glob(3) support

On 3/25/18 10:06 AM, Herbert Xu wrote:
It's been a while since we disabled glob(3) support by default.
It appears to be working now, however, we have to change our
code to remove a workaround that now actually prevents it from
working.

In particular, we no longer use GLOB_NOMAGIC or test GLOB_MAGCHAR.

I thought that was an optimisation to avoid unnecessary file system access, to ensure that simple commands such as "echo ok" don't bother looking for files named "echo" and "ok" in the current directory.

It indeed doesn't work, but I took that to be a glibc bug.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk