Re: RFC/Feature request: UTF-8 support

On 22/03/2018 16:36, Martijn Dekker wrote:
Busybox ash [...] The licenses are bidirectionally compatible.

Isn't all of busybox, including ash, GPL? Wouldn't that mean that if any busybox code is imported into dash, that from then on dash can only be distributed under GPL?

I have a local patch set of stuff that I haven't considered in an appropriate state to send to the list. One of the features I've got working is multibyte locale support. It doesn't assume UTF-8 (only assumes stateless encodings) and is tolerant of malformed strings. I've got it working in pattern matching, in glob() sorting, in trimming (#, ##, % and %%), in field splitting, and in "$*" joining. I'll see if I can polish it a bit and make it available when I've got some more free time again, but I'm not sure how soon that will be.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk