[BUG] $PATH not fully searched

To the maintainers of the `dash` shell:

I've come across an error with the PATH variable in `dash`. Instead of fully
searching PATH for commands, dash will respond 'command not found' if `command
-p <executable>` fails.  The same command works fine in Bash.

The following example was performed in a live cd of Debian 9.1 Stretch (run in
a virtual machine), with dash version 0.5.8-2.4:

```bash
user@debian:~$ PATH="~/my_bin:$PATH" dash
$ echo $PATH
~/my_bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
$ ls -l ~/my_bin/list
-rwxr--r-- 1 user user 18 Jan 10 17:42 /home/user/my_bin/list
$ list
dash: 3: list: not found
$ exit
user@debian:~$ PATH="$PATH:~/my_bin" list
Desktop Documents Downloads Music my_bin Pictures Public Templates Videos
```

I believe but am not certain that this is related to the following patch:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01329.html

Thank you for your time,
Joshua Nelson

jynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
B.S. Computer Science
College of Engineering and Computing | South Carolina Honors College
This message was sent with a PGP[1] signature.

--------
[1] https://www.openpgp.org/