Re: [BUG] Illegal function names are accepted after being used as aliases

On 02/23/2016 12:21 PM, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> On 23/02/2016 19:58, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 02/23/2016 11:44 AM, Harald van Dijk wrote:
>>
>>> This matches bash's behaviour, aside from bash requiring -- to prevent
>>> detection of invalid flags to the alias command:
>>>
>>> bash-4.3$ alias -- -=true
>>
>> Then dash DOES have a bug:
>
> Indeed, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise, my apologies if it came
> across that way. It's not limited to the alias command though, I spotted
> at least the exit and getopts commands having the same problem, and it
> should probably be fixed for all of them at once.

getopts - definitely needs a fix
exit - fuzzy.  exit is a special built-in (unlike getopts); and XCU 2.14
states:

 "Some of the special built-ins are described as conforming to XBD
Utility Syntax Guidelines. For those that are not, the requirement in
Utility Description Defaults that "--" be recognized as a first argument
to be discarded does not apply and a conforming application shall not
use that argument. "

Conforming apps cannot expect 'exit -1' to work, and therefore, cannot
also expect 'exit -- -1' to work, since the only standards-defined
values for an argument to exit is a non-negative decimal integer less
than 256.  Of course, if you want to fix it along with all the others,
that's fine; I'm just pointing out that 'exit' isn't broken as-is.