Re: dash drops exported bash functions

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, Makarius wrote:

After reading the official (!) sources of bash-4.3, I've found out the following: Not the bash guys are introducing this ill-formed name decoration "%%", but the Debian guys. See http://sourcesdev.debian.net/patches/bash/4.3-14/bash43-027.diff

This means dash is not working against bash, but against Debian. Or rather: Debian is working against themselves and their users.

Yet another update.

If the malformedness of environment variables that are meant to be functions is important for bash43-027.diff above, the ball might be back on the side of dash.

In any case, the Debian guys need to get involved, but I am myself not a member of that society.

	Makarius