Re: read() builtin doesn't read integer value /proc files (but bash's does)

2010/9/1 Steve Schnepp <steve.schnepp@xxxxxxxxx>:
> conforming to POSIX isn't a realistic option, would it be possible to
> have a workaround that doesn't involve an external tool like cat(1) ?

Hi, I just hacked & attached a little patch away to be able to solve this case.
Feel free to reply with your comments.

NB: I just targeted dash-0.5.5.1, but it might apply to any version.

--
Steve Schnepp
http://blog.pwkf.org/