Re: Job control bug in revision 3800d4934391b,

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 02:53:16PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
Kris Maglione <maglione.k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure how to describe this bug, but it's affected one of my
scripts, and those of several of my users. Basically, we've had loops
dieing when backgrounded programs exit. This is the simplest test case
I can come up with:

#!/bin/dash
{
       echo foo
       sleep 1
       echo foo
       echo done>/dev/tty
} | while read p; do
       ( echo good & ) &
done
echo done

In versions prior to 3800d4934391b, the output would
"good\ndone\ndone\ngood" (or some permutation thereof depending on
system load), but from 3800d4934391b on, it's "good\ndone".

This should be fixed by the patch that I posted yesterday.

I should have mentioned that I tested it with every revision upto and including that one (especially as it looked promising).

I definitely still have this problem as of 207e4c2a322fe: [JOBS] Fix wait regression where it does not wait for all jobs master
Thanks,
--
Kris Maglione

Real Programmers don't believe in schedules.  Planners make up
schedules.  Managers "firm up" schedules.  Frightened coders strive to
meet schedules.  Real Programmers ignore schedules.