Re: Debugging realms w/ cyrus-imapd

>Sorry if I sound grouchy.  I've put a lot of time into trying to debug
>this and I've not figured out an adequate fix, as you can see above.

If it makes you feel any better, it's not you.

SASL realms are a giant mess.  I also struggle with trying to figure out
exactly how the realm is chosen; I ended up building debugging versions of
everything and using the debugger to see how the realm is configured.  I
just wish realms didn't exist at all; they're confusing and don't seem to
serve a useful purpose at all.  It's possible a purpose exists and I'm
just not seeing it, but it has caused me no end of heartache.  I wish
I had better answers for you, but I do not.

--Ken