OpenID Connect (RP) plugin

Hello.

I'd like to configure a Cyrus deployment to use an OpenID Connect Provider (Keycloak server) for authentication purposes.

I couldn't find any off-the-shelf / pre-existing connector.  So I thought I'd write one, and make it available to the Community.

I presume the ideal extension point for this in Cyrus is to develop a SASL-plugin that implements OpenID Connect client (RP / Relying Party) functionality.

I just wanted to ask here first if -
a) it's something that's already been done / tried / abandoned before,
b) I have the right extension point in mind for Cyrus (include/saslplug.h), and
c) might be useful to others.

rgds,
Brenton