Re: ldapdb_canonuser_plug_init invalid parameter supplied

On 10/31/18 10:58 +0300, Alexander N. Lunev via Cyrus-sasl wrote:
I'm stuck in the problem that cyrus-sasl library doesn't recognize ldapdb auxprop plugin.

I have these packages installed on FreeBSD-10.3R:

# pkg info | grep sasl
cyrus-sasl-2.1.26_13
cyrus-sasl-ldapdb-2.1.26_5
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.26_3
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.46
openldap-sasl-server-2.4.46_5

But pluginviewer only lists sasldb plugin, and not ldapdb:

# pluginviewer -a
Installed and properly configured auxprop mechanisms are:
sasldb
List of auxprop plugins follows
Plugin "sasldb" ,       API version: 8
       supports store: yes

But what's more intriguing is that ldapdb plugin is actually working! cyrus-imapd successfully authorizing users with this config file:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
sasl_mech_list: cram-md5 digest-md5 plain login
sasl_ldapdb_uri: ldap://localhost/
sasl_ldapdb_id: cyradm
sasl_ldapdb_pw: somepassword
sasl_ldapdb_filter: (uid=%u)
sasl_ldapdb_canon_attr: mail

To see the plugin with pluginviewer, you'll need to create a config for it
under service name 'pluginviewer', with something specificed for the
ldapdb_uri parameter. E.g.:

~$ cat /usr/lib/sasl2/pluginviewer.conf | grep ldapdb_uri
ldapdb_uri: ldapi:///

/usr/lib/sasl2 is the default but may have been overridden by FreeBSD (with
the --with-configdir configure option).