Kerberos/GSSAPI credentials delegation/ticket fowarding

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to make Cyrus SASL handle Kerberos ticket delegation. I have read the mailing lists and the information is a bit thin on this topic. I saw that Morten and Rob had discussions about it back int 2003. And also S4U2 was discussed at some point between Howard and Alexey back in 2010.

I am looking to be able to pass user identity to services behind a front-service - Much like Apache is able to do with mod_auth_kerb or mod_auth_gssapi. To maintain the user identity for accessing for example databases and such in a larger ecosystem of services. Or OpenSSH is able to do delegation. In both Apache and OpenSSHD there are additional configuration parameters to GSSAPI... Can the Cyrus SASL library be used in the same manner? (Given that the KDC and service policies are configured correctly, either unconstrained delegation or S4U2 delegation)

Play with the idea that I want to write an IMAP server that stores its data in a PostgreSQL database, and I want to restrict users access to various parts of the database using the built-in ACL's to secure the stored data. In this example; authentication on to IMAP using GSSAPI and a previously received ticket and then delegation of credentials achieve full single-sign-on authentication and authorization to the data.

In my case I have a Qpid Proton AMQP serice. I have managed to get GSSAPI single-sign-on working to it using Cyrus SASL (libsasl) that is linked with Qpid Proton. This is all good and totally AWESOME! However. How on earth do I convince the libsasl-process instance to impersonate the user when accessing other kerberized services. Yes as users. Not service-service.

Is there something additional that can be added to the /etc/sasl2/<service>.conf file that might convince the GSSAPI-parts of SASL to do this automagically? I'm a bit lost, currently. I hope to find someone here that know how to do this wizardry. :) Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, AiO