Re: Patches from fedora and fixes for LMDB backend

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Howard Chu <hyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ignacio Casal wrote:
Also, I made some fixes to the mdb backend to rename it to lmdb and to use the
renamed library lmdb instead of mdb (since it seems to have changed upstream)
See: https://github.com/nice-software/cyrus-sasl/commits/wip/lmdb

Patch looks OK.

Thanks for the review.

As a plus I also modified the nmake stuff to allow to build the lmdb backend
instead of libdb. This is still not quite well tested but some comment are
welcomed.
https://github.com/nice-software/cyrus-sasl/commit/d0cc4dfe20e71aef853a7f73f6228d1a268b2845

 From another side, the lmdb maintainer is not interested on supporting MSVC
builds, even though I made a fork in case somebody wants to give it a try:
https://github.com/nice-software/lmdb/tree/wip/msvc

At this point a question arises, should we support a backend that we cannot
build on the platforms supported by cyrus-sasl? That is, should we drop lmdb
since the maintainer is not interested on it? Also we have the code that is
not building at all without the patches I pointed out.

Seems like a silly question, since LMDB builds and runs perfectly well on all platforms.

We simply choose not to support the Microsoft IDE.

It is not a silly question when the supported microsoft build for cyrus sasl is msvc :)

--
  -- Howard Chu
  CTO, Symas Corp.           http://www.symas.com

--