Re: Compiling Cyrus SASL 2.1.26 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I installed libssl-dev, sasl2-dev and this didnt solve the problem.

I built cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 (I had to tell it location of openssl - /usr/include/openssl/ and saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd)

cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 built successfully. Atleast I didn't get any fatal errors.

Now openldap gave an error saying it could not find libsasl2.so.3

Is this file created by cyrus-sasl in the latest release or did I do something wrong?

I configured it using the command "./configure --disable-digest" and then "make && make install"

I just need a confirmation if this file is created or not. If not then I need to bring this to the attention of openldap guys.

-Guruprasad