Re: How to debug warning: SASL authentication failure: could not verify password?

On 9/22/14 8:13 PM, paul@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've been having an issue sending emails and have looked online for the past few weeks and while I have learned a lot I still haven't been able to resolve my issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm able to receive emails but I'm unable to send email. I do not understand why the log states 'password matches successfully' and 'Authenticated' then reports 'SASL authentication failure: could not verify password'.

I ran into a similar problem a few weeks ago. I tracked it down to the select() call in lib/checkpw.c sometimes returning a value of 2, while the read_wait function only checks for values between -1 and +1, with anything else being regarded as an error.

This is the patch I've been using to fix the issue.

https://github.com/ivanrichwalski/Cyrus-SASL/commit/ef20f9285e598bd8c1ee24a9a6b455f542ab4fc6

Ivan.