Re: pam error after installation

IIRC slackware is one of like 2 linux distros that don't include pam support by default. You can either install pam or disable it.

Quoting kibirango moses <kibsmoses@xxxxxxxxx>:

hullo users,

On reinstalling cyrus sasl 2.1.23 aon linux slackware 13.1  . I get
the following error in the config.log file

configure:6961: checking pam/pam_appl.h presence
configure:6972: gcc -E -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
-I/lib64/security/include conftest.c
configure:6988:26: error: pam/pam_appl.h: No such file or directory

How can i solve this is i the problem of the missing authentication mechanism?

Could someone out there help on this

Thanx

--
"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the named recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations hereof may result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail have been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address for above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by replying to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its attachment(s), and any copies of it without, disclosing it."