Re: problems sasl not create database sasl.db

On 09/07/2010 05:51 PM, Dan White wrote:
On 07/09/10 16:59 -0400, spiderslack wrote:
That's an unusual location for the sasldb file. Did you compile sasl? If
so, which options did you pass to configure, and which version are you
using?

I compiled the sasl'm using mandriva and installed the package via urpmi.

But I found that the package does not provide support for mandriva sasldb as the command below.

[root@localhost ~]# saslauthd -v
saslauthd 2.1.23
authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap

saslauthd is not the preferred interface to sasldb, and in fact is disabled
by default. You'd have to recompile saslauthd to get it.

The preferred method is to specify 'pwcheck_method: auxprop', and
'auxprop_plugin: sasldb' within your application SASL config file.

changed the variable SASL_AUTHMECH for "ldap in file /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd.

Are you abandoning sasldb?

Yes, i using auxprop ldap

After that I tried to access via testsaslauth and ran track but ldapsearch command does not work. Below the configuration files and command output sasl.

Any idea where I might be wrong. I thank you

cat /etc/saslauthd.conf
ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap_port: 389
ldap_version: 3
ldap_referrals: no
ldap_search_base: dc=exemplo,dc=com,dc=br
ldap_auth_method: bind

[root@localhost ~]# testsaslauthd -u user -p 123456
0: OK "Success."
[root@localhost ~]#

[root@localhost ~]# ldapsearch -LLL -Y DIGEST-MD5 -U user cn=benjamin cn
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
   additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database
[root@localhost ~]#

You're doing two different things there.

saslauthd, with your configuration, is doing, roughly:

ldapsearch -x -b "dc=exemplo,dc=com,dc=br" -H "ldap://127.0.0.1"; uid=user dn
  (anonymous bind)
and given the $dn that is returned:
ldapwhoami -x -b "dc=exemplo,dc=com,dc=br" -H "ldap://127.0.0.1"; \
  -D "$dn" -w 123456

thanks thus worked. I use this way.

Regards.

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/