Remote client IP for plain & login methods

Cyrus-sasl gurus,

We have a need to pass the remote client's IP address to our authentication service via LDAP DN.
I see kerberos has the remote client's IP address passed to that mechanism. Is there any plans
to provide the same ability to plain and login mechanisms?

I could not find any patches which implement this feature. I believe this would be an added security
feature to prevent dictionary attacks, etc. Does this capability exist? If not, I am currently going to
modify the code to mimic kerberos' implementation within plain & login. Would this group be
interested in including this feature into future releases if I provide a patch to the listserve?

George