Using Testsaslauthd on Active Directory

Hello,

Hopefully I can get my question answered here. My problem is that I want to use testsaslauthd to guery an Active Directory server on campus with my own credentials. Is this possible from my laptop running ubuntu desktop? Using this syntax:

user@ubuntu-desktop:~$ testsaslauthd -u user@xxxxxxxxxx -p somepassword -r school.edu
Thank you for your help.

Jesus Noland
Computer Science Student