Re: saslauthd stops working

Quoting "Dan White" <dwhite@xxxxxxx>:

4) where would I put the option to increase threads?  Do you have a
recommendation for 3200 users?

I don't know that the number of threads is an issue, particularly if you
are using pam or shadow. I would not expect you to need more, but if for
some reason you're hitting a resource limit, you can try changing your
FLAGS= entry in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd to:

FLAGS="-n

I would go the other way and try -n0 first. If it is a threading issue, then this will solve it. You don't this with pam. saslauthd locks up and crashes on occasion when multiple users tried to auth simultaneously, as the default I believe is -n5. I don't know if that fixes it for shadow or not, but that would be my first guess.

5) how do I upgrade to 2.1.23 if not listed in yum?  I can't use the
binaries since I'm using Fedora 11 rpms installed via yum.

Use the Fedora 12 rpms or upgrade to F12 :P