Re: Configuring saslauthd for ldap

--On Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:46 PM +0700 Olivier Nicole <on@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Your log indicates its a TLS negotioation failure.

This may be missleading as I use SSL, not TLS.

Does it work if you don't use TLS?

If I configure without SSL:

   ldap_servers: ldaps://ldap.cs.ait.ac.th/

If I configure with SSL:

  ldap_servers: ldaps://ldap.cs.ait.ac.th/

What you say above makes zero sense to me. There are two types of LDAP bits that can do SSL encryption:

(a) startTLS (ldap v3 RFC standard)
(b) ldaps://, usually on port 636.  Not part of any standard, but a hack.

Now, what exactly do you mean by you configured without ssl but are using ldaps://? That makes *no* sense.

At a guess, one of the problems you may be having on the saslauthd side is that it can't find the CA cert to validate the connection.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer