Attempting to build on AIX 5.3 with krb5.client.rte

I have what I hope is a simple problem, but google is not helping me at all...

Has anyone built cyrus-sasl 2.1.22 on AIX 5.3 using AIX's krb5.client.rte and been able to get GSSAPI to work?

I have not been able to get the configure script to include GSSAPI. I will provide details if this isn't just something that is truly stupid (since I can't find any pointers from googling -- it's either brain dead stupid or nobody has admitted they have done it).

Thanks,