Re: GSSAPI Error: An invalid name was supplied (Not enough space)

Ben Lentz wrote:

You can enter the host/IP into /etc/hosts, or if your dns resolves ad_server.example.org correctly, then you shouldn't need to. I was getting a Local Error as well due to a bad entry in my /etc/hosts.

- Dan

Everything's working find in DNS. I can get a ticket without any problems using kinit (from mit or heimdal), but the ldapsearch portion still gives the same error. I tried doing this using binaries on CentOS 5, and it worked fine. For some reason when I compile it on AIX, it doesn't work. I tried running everything as root, and I tried modifying /etc/netsvc.conf (e.g. /etc/nsswitch.conf), but it didn't help. I also searched the source code from krb5, cyrus-sasl, and openldap, and couldn't find the "Not enough space" string anywhere. The "An invalid name was supplied" was found in the krb5 gssapi code.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've googled it to death, and the only solid result I'm getting are references to this thread on the mailing list archives... not a good sign. :-(

Ben,

Have you wiresharked it? (filter: kerberos)

- Dan