Re: saslplugviewer doesnt see ldapdb on debian?

Sascha Vogt wrote:

Hi list!

I tried to install sasl with auxprop ldapdb on Debian EtchAndHalf from .deb packages.

Anyhow saslpluginviwer only shows sasldb plugin allthough apt tells me that libsasl2-ausprop-ldapdb is installed.

This is so, because the configuration file for the pluginviewer doesn't contain correct ldapdb-related options for ldapdb to load successfully.

Am I doing something wrog,Do I have to compile myself from source, or is that normal?

This is normal. ldapdb wouldn't load unless some options are specified. pluginviewer only shows plugins that can be loaded.

Can somebody reproduce that phaenomenom or is it just stupid me?

Sascha

PS: Debian network istall, 4.0r4something, commonly known as Etch/2.