Re: GSSAPI against Microsoft AD

Morten Sylvest Olsen wrote:

This documentation http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/sasl.txt talks about a 56 bytes limitation, and I wonder if this is the problem I am hitting here.

I don't think so.

Thanks, this was my biggest concern, and Dieter's message confirms that this should not be an issue.

saslauthd should not be needed when using Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication.

Make sense, I wanted to confirm though.

0) Check that your server ticket works

kinit -k host/<hostname>@REALM

Yes, I get what I expect (when compared with my working cvs and mod_auth_kerb setup) there.

1) Check that your AD server can be resolved both forward backwards. Per default MS does not create reverse DNS entries, for reasons unknown. This usually trips Kerberos

Thanks, ran into that years ago, but forgot to verify this time.

2) Prefer to use a krb5.conf with

 dns_lookup_realm = true
 dns_lookup_kdc = true

That should work, but you could try adding explicit entries for your realm like:

[domain_realm]
.fiskhest.com = FISKHEST.COM
fiskhest.com = FISKHEST.COM

Good luck!