Re: Cyrus SASL and LDAP and CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5...

Dan White <dwhite@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Pascal,

I tried it out and it works as advertised for me.

Some suggestions: In the case sasl requests an attribute from your
auxprop store that doesn't match the configured userPassword attribute,
go ahead and pass it up. I'm getting this error while attempting an OTP
authentication (IMAP):

giengerldap skip property: *cmusaslsecretOTP

This is not an error, it is a debug message. It just skips that unknown attribute. My auxprop only reacts on "*userPassword". It just returns no result so the next plugin can handle the request (like otp).

Also, consider writing an auxprop_store function,
which can be important when using auto_transition,
or when setting the password via your plugin.

In my case passwords were not changed from inside the mail application, they have a special user interface for that. But I can do that next week if you would be so kind to test it then!

Pascal