Re: Should SASL_MAXOUTBUF be subject of negotiation?

MKondrin wrote:
Dear SASL users and developers!

Should sasl_getprop(conn,SASL_MAXBUF,&x) return th same x on client and server if the security layer is negotiated? But after authentication it returns the value of secprops.maxbufsize (which can of course be different on client and server) installed before with sasl_setprop(conn, SASL_SEC_PROPS, &secprops). Does this mean I have missed some steps in SASL negotiation? I use cyrus-sasl-2.1.21.

Thank you in advance.

M.Kondrin

RFC2222 states that:

 "During the authentication protocol exchange, the mechanism performs
  authentication, transmits an authorization identity (frequently known
  as a userid) from the client to server, and negotiates the use of a
  mechanism-specific security layer.  If the use of a security layer is
  agreed upon, then the mechanism must also define or negotiate the
  maximum cipher-text buffer size that each side is able to receive."

So the SASL_MAXOUTBUF should be negotiated. This means that some steps are missing or is it bug in plugin?