Re: imapd not sending realm to saslauthd

Daniel Aquino wrote:
On Jan 13, 2008 9:16 PM, Igor Brezac <igor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
See 'man saslauthd' and the -r option.  What saslauthd authentication
mechanism are you using?

There is nothing wrong with my saslauthd and I used the test program
to verify that.

The problem is that imapd is not sending the realm with sasl plain auth.

The command I used is to attempt this is:

imtest -u daniel -p password -r networks.com localhost

But saslauthd logs shows that no realm is being passed hence the
authentication fails.

I am not saying that anything is wrong with your saslauthd, but without knowing your configuration details and errors you are getting we will probably not be able to help you.

Realm is passed to saslauthd. But pretty much all saslauthd authentication mechanisms are ignoring realm (ldap being one of the exceptions). saslauthd -r is a hack around this issue.

-Igor