Re: No SQL module found

Am Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2007 schrieb Fabian Fagerholm:
> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 22:14 +0100, Jorge Bastos wrote:
> > Can you give me a detailed explanation on what you did?
>
> And in particular, is there anything we could do to improve the
> documentation for the cyrus-sasl2 Debian package(s)?
>
> We've made some documentation improvements in the testing/unstable
> version, so you may want to compare:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-cyrus-sasl2/cyrus-sasl-2.1/trunk/debian/READ
>ME.Debian?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-cyrus-sasl2/cyrus-sasl-2.1/trunk/debian/sasl
>2-bin.README.Debian?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

The problem appears to be if smtpd is chrooted sasl is too. The second
document describes how to use saslauthd with a chrooted postfix. But that
doesn't apply on my case since I don't use saslauthd. It should be mentioned
somewhere that using sasl with the sql plugins and a chrooted smtpd can make
you run into problems. Probably because sasl can't access the mysql socket.
(though the config option sql_hostnames: localhost somehow implies that sasl
is using the lo network to access mysql...)

I have also heard several times that running postfix chrooted is discourages
from upstream and brings more troubles that it resolves.

Regards,

Florian