Re: SASL and OpenLDAP with SSL

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Mihai Barbos <mihai.barbos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi

Can someone please help me with the following (annoying) problem:
I've got a saslauthd connecting to ldap on CentOS 5.0. With tls
disabled everything seems to work OK. With tls enabled, the connection
to LDAP is established OK but the authentication fails. LDAP
(openldap) reports TLS established and then UNBIND.

Does it ring any bell to anyone ? Any idea is welcome. Of course I can
post any configuration that might be of interest.

Did you create the values of attribute type userpasswd with a hashing
scheme like CRYPT or SSHA?

The password scheme couldn't cause the difference in behavior between a plaintext session and a TLS session.
--
  -- Howard Chu