Re: Authentication with DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5

-- Nicolas Fontaine <nicolas.fontaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> is rumored to have mumbled on 3. April 2007 11:17:11 +0400 regarding Authentication with DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5:

Hi everybody,
    I'm new to this mailing list and also new to cyrus sasl. I'm trying
to setup a IMAP server based on the IMAP Aggregator with two machines (A
Front End with a Mupdate master on it and a Backend with mailbox)... All
seems to works fine : I've got the synchronisation between the mupdate
slave and the mupdate master, and I can create new mailbox to user.
    But my problem is when I want to read my mail via the front end, the
connection between the front end and the backend failed (with the proxing
user Murder). All is configured with sasldb with PLAIN /LOGIN
authentication with saslauthd deamon. It seems that I need to set up sasl
to use the mechanism DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5. But I can't create a
DIGEST-MD5 password with saslpasswd2...

So, my question is : How can I store my password in sasldb2 with
DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5 ?

Your entry in sasldb2 is just fine, but you can't use saslauthd if you want to use one of the challenge-response mechanisms. Use auxprop instead ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK