Re: Contradictory saslauthd

>I'm not being flippant here.  I want to understand what I am
>doing (or failing to do).  This seems contradictory to me
>below.  What am I not privvy to?
>[...]

So ... what do you not understand?

(If it helps out at all ... the point to saslauthd is to verify plaintext
passwords.  Say, for example, you support PLAIN authentication ... saslauthd
can handle that.  If you say "-a kerberos5", it will verify that plaintext
password against your Kerberos server (it does the equivalant of a kinit).

--Ken