Re: Cyrus as reaylhost, Authentification

On Wednesday January 31, 2007 at 09:14:29 (AM) RK Test wrote:

> Okay, thanks for your answer. I've read and tried to configure, googled,
> but i failed :(
> And both servers use Postfix.
>
> main.cf local server:
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_auth
> smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
> relayhost = [www.mymailserver.de]
>
> smtp_auth:
> www.mymailserver.de   username:password
>
> external mailserver main.cf
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
>
> sasl_passwd:
> local.machine.de     username:password
>
> I tried a lot, change usernames, passwords, main.cf ... but i only got:
>
> status=bounced (host www.mymailserver.de[ser.ver.i.p] said: 554
> <email@xxxxxx>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))
>
> Where is my mistake? When the server would try to autentificate the smtp
> error message should not be relay access denied. I think he still
> doesn't autentificate, but why? btw: i always postmapped smth_auth and
> sasl_passwd.

I think you would be better served if you submitted this question to the
Postfix mail forum. You must be a member to submit questions. You can
sign up using the following

1) To receive list mail, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx
with content (not subject) one or more of the following commands:

subscribe postfix-announce
subscribe postfix-users
subscribe postfix-users-digest
subscribe postfix-devel

You probably want to use: subscribe postfix-users.

If you do decide to go that route, be sure to include the output of:

	postconf -n

with you question. Please do not mangle the output of 'postfix -n'
anymore than required. You should also include the relevant contents of
your mail log file.

Ciao

--
Gerard

Scitum est inter caecos luscum regnare posse.
(It is well known, that among the blind the one-eyed man is king.)

	Gerard Didier Erasmus