Suggested ToDo

Per my earlier thread it appears that there isn't any worthwhile SASL support on the Windows platform. However there is support for SSPI, which can be made to behave like GSSAPI. There are published, tested examples of how to do this.

Wouldn't it be worthwhile for someone to write an alternate version of the GSSAPI mechanism plug-in that works on Windows without the need to install a Kerberos distribution?

Seems to me that if someone cares about wide adoption of the SASL standard then we need a robust implementation on Windows that's easy to build/install.
Henry.B.Hotz@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or hbhotz@xxxxxxx