Re: Sponsoring a canon_user plugin for LDAP lookup

Hi Patrick,

> you can build it yourself anyway.

If I knew how to do it / had time, why would I ask if someone is interested in this?

> The problem is on the SMTP.

No, it isn't. It's SMTP's job when a mail comes in to do the LDAP lookup to find the mailbox ID to deliver the mail to. That's just working fine and is not what I am asking for.

What I am talking about is the IMAP *user* that want's to login to her mailbox. For the sake of this discussion, using a service like http://www.mail2web.com/. The MUA to *read* mail in the *mailbox* is talking to the IMAP daemon. No SMTP involved there.

Regards,
Torsten

Patrick T. Tsang schrieb:

I would like to tell you that we are already working with email as login name without so-called plugin for very long time.
The problem is on the SMTP.

you can build it yourself anyway.

Regards
Patrick