Re: cyrus-sasl-2.1.22 BerkeleyDB version check

Howard Chu wrote:

We're getting a lot of crashes reported by users who linked OpenLDAP and libsasl2 with different versions of BerkeleyDB. It would probably help if the sasldb code had the same kind of version check that we use in our code, so that the problem can be caught immediately instead of mysteriously arising somewhere during runtime.

Howard,
I think this check would be better done in _sasl_check_db() which is called only once when the plugin is loaded.
Do you agree?