Re: LDAP tools with SASL Auth causes Segmentation Fault

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Matthew Daggett <mpdaggett@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I am running openldap 2.2.23 and cyrus-sasl 2.1.22 on redhat fedora core 4.
I am running into the following problem...

Whenever I run an ldap tool (ldapwhoami, ldapsearch, etc) with SASL
authentication, it ends with a segmentation fault.
Using simple authentication, however, does not cause any errors.
Here is an example...

This sounds like slapd is not beeing linked to the sasl library it has
been compiled with.
ldd slapd will be your friend.

-Dieter

Since the original post is talking about the command line tools getting a segfault, it is certainly not an issue with how slapd is linked.

--
 -- Howard Chu