Re: SASL ,HP-UX and dynamic loaders

Biswatosh wrote:
Hi,

In dlopen.c, we have dlopen() as wrapper on
shl_load(),
dlclose() on shl_unload() etc. Any reason for that?
Today,in HP-UX,we can directly use dlopen() and all.

The reason I am asking is, one of my clients is
complaining
that symbol relocation is happening because of this.
dl* functions (which he calls), which should be loaded
from libdld.sl are rather being used from sasl
library.

In my experience HPUX's dlopen is still rather buggy. Other projects have reported the same, e.g.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=104396627316847&w=2

Still, a configure switch to explicitly choose dlopen instead of shl_load may not be a bad idea, for people who absolutely have to have it. It's probably safer than mixing shl_load and dlopen in the same process.

--
 -- Howard Chu