Help debugging libsasl2

Hi!

I have a problem with libsasl2 (2.0.22) and the ldapdb auxprop plugin.

Basically, I am using libsasl2 with Cyrus IMAPd and I am under the impression that no request is ever made by the ldapdb auxprop plugin against the LDAP server. At least, I have enabled all possible logging on LDAP (-1), so I would presume that no matter how faulty my slapd.conf might be, I should see the libsasl2 (as part of Cyrus IMAPd) contact the LDAP server and do some connect and some search, but none of that is happening.

So I put the option

sasl_log_level: 7

into my imapd.conf file.

But I don't see a single extra line in /var/log/debug or /var/log/syslog at all.

So

a) Is there a way to tell that the ldapdb plugin is loaded at all?
b) How do I make debug output from libsasldb2 work?

Any hints would be welcome!

Regards,
Torsten