Looking for canon_user plugin

Hi all!

Does anyone know of any ready made plugins available to canonicalize (c14n) usernames on the SASL layer?

What I would be looking for was a plugin which looks up and sets an authz (authorization id) from LDAP given a username.

What I want to achieve is this:

I have a Cyrus IMAPd server, which is using SASL (saslauthd, to be exact) to handle user logins. I want a user to be able to login using a nickname and I would expect such a plugin to do a lookup against LDAP to find that user's real userid (=mailbox name) and set it as the authorization id.

By default, IMAPd assumes authorization id == authentication id and some IMAP clients don't have a proper way to specify different authentication and authorization id.

If there was such a plugin, some hints on how to configure such a plugin would be nice as well.

Are SASL plugins (auxprop, canon_user) compatible auth saslauthd at all?

Regards,
Torsten